Popular Gecko Names for your Lizards
If Lizards are classified as cute, there is no better choice than Gecko Lizards.
And if you own one of them as a pet, it is your responsibility to name them the cutest way.
Geckos are one of the smallest lizards in the world. As they are widely spread, you can find them on all the continents except Antarctica.
Geckos are mainly carnivorous and are found in warm climatic regions across the world.
Geckos are known as pleasant and docile pets who love getting pampered.
While Gecko keepers provide them the best living environment, one thing they often lack is 'Name.' Gecko names can be creative, cool, and fun.
But if you are just giving your’s another random name, you have to look at our Lizards Name list below.
We have some of the most exciting and Unique Gecko names for your Lizards.
How to choose the best Gecko Name for your Lizard?
When it comes to pet Lizard names, there are thousands and lakhs of them.
One can go from random human names to funky pet names or anything interesting.
However, we suggest that you should always choose a special name for your pet.
Gecko Names must depend upon their Personality, color, hobbies, habits, and appearance.
Giving a boring name to a fun-loving Gecko is, any day, a bad idea.
Though for some unique, fun, and interesting ideas, you can have a look at our list of Gecko Names.
But before moving on to names, ask a few questions to yourself
- What is your Gecko lizard’s Personality?
- What color is it?
- Does it love fun & playing around or staying lazy all day?
- Is your Gecko Lizard male or a female?
- Does it have any unique characteristics?
So, once you know the basics about your Gecko Lizard’s Personality, choosing the right names becomes easier.
Now let’s get into finding the most suitable name for your pet lizard.
Unisex Gecko Names
For the ones who are unfamiliar with Gecko Lizard’s Gender, let’s begin with some Unisex pet names.
These gender-neutral names will suit anyone despite their sex.
They are also extremely fun and cool and will definitely bring a smile to your face.
- Beanie Bird
- Bumpy Bobby
- Penne Pasta
- Slinker Ball
- Slinky Wafer
- Smiley Sammy
- Spicy Pepper
- Wooden Fang
- Zipper Zan
- Cinnamon Sly
- Fancy Fellow
How to determine my pet Gecko’s gender?
If the list of unisex Gecko names doesn’t interest you, it is time to look for gender-dedicated names.
But wait, before that, let’s learn the process of determining Gecko’s gender. Here how it goes-
Determining a Gecko Lizard’s gender is actually a tricky and confusing task.
Unless you know what to look for, the process can get nearly impossible.
How to differentiate between Male and Female Geckos?
Gecko owners and keepers who have purchased it directly from breeders may already know its gender.
Though these tips will help you in getting sure about that:
Male Gecko vs. female Gecko
- Male Geckos have a unique V-shaped row of pre-anal pores.
- This row is basically on the front of their vent. In mature male Geckos, these pores exude a waxy material.
- While female geckos also have these pores, they are barely noticeable, nor do they exude a waxy material.
- Also, if your Gecko has femoral pores underside of their hind legs on their thighs, it’s a male.
- Males also have two distinct bulges on the base of their tale near hemipenes.
Male Gecko Names
Now once you know your Gecko’s gender, let’s pick some suitable names for them.
We will brainstorm from some cute boy names that will perfectly match your male Gecko lizard.
- Jakey Boy
- Jazz Bananas
- Jazzy Beans
- Kebab King
- King Leopard
- Little Foot
- Mr. Slithers
- Speedy Spot
- Prince Flakes
- Prince Leon
- Aero Boy
- Apollo Stripes
- Bronto Boy
- Charlie Scoot
- Cheddar Chips
Female Gecko Names
We haven’t forgotten our lady Geckos. Here are some super cute, hilarious, and apt names for female Gecko Lizards.
Have a quick look: geckos will love it.
- Sugar Cubes
- Tiki Thunder
- Tuna Nugget
- Baby Lila
- Birdie Girl
- Ginger Tails Rosie
- Zilla Stripy
- Kilo Kitty
- Lilac Wonder
- Blizzie Bella
- Dancing Maya
Cute and Cool Gecko Names
Pets are adorable. No matter if it is a furry one or if it is that tinny Lizard sitting on your head all day.
Here are some cute and cool Gecko Names for your tinni-tinny companion. Have a quick look:
Fancy and Adorable Leopard Gecko Names
For a badass pet owner, we have some fancy and badass Gecko names.
These names will not only suit your Gecko but will complement your pet-owner relationship as well.
Do not believe us? Find it out yourself:
Popular Gecko Names with their description
We know how difficult it is to choose one particular name from an array of options.
However, if we will provide you descriptions, will the process ease down?
Yes? Ok then, we have got that too for you.
- Bear: Strong and brave
- Cathy: Pure and clear
- Dot: Gift of God
- Gumball: Sweet candy
- Lizzie: God is an abundance
- Musha: Fearless and smart
- Olly: The peaceful
- Kioko – Happy
- Daiki- Great Glory
- Hoshi- Star
- Jiro- Second Son
- Judo- Fighter
- Koko- Short
- Ryu Dragon
- Aimi – Lovely & Beauty
- Aya – Colorful Design
- Hikari- Radiance
- Hiromi – Abundant Beauty
- Adelaide- Noble and seren
- Aiden- little fire
- Brutus- Muscular
- Fergie-Strength of man
- Fetch- Sporty little dude.
- Lila- Means a lovely presence in your life.
- Nina- Spanish for a little girl
- Rango- who loves to sleep (ideal for your lazy head)
- Tank- Exuding strength.
- Yoshi-Happy vibes
- Beanie: Bean-sized
Amazing and Interesting Gecko Names for your Lizards
Here are some more interesting Gecko names for your pet Lizards:
- Punny Names
- Bill the Lizard
- Chet Gecko
- Clapper Claw
- Queen Elizardbeth
- Sal Manders
- The Lizard of Oz
- Lizardardo Da Vinci
- Napoleon Dinomite
Gecko Lizard fun facts- Things you may not know
If you are a Gecko lizard keeper, you would have learned and researched a lot about them.
But do you think you know all of it? We doubt.
Here we have some of the surprising Gecko Lizard facts you probably didn’t know about.
10 Amazing Gecko Facts
1) Do you know, some Gecko lizard species can go their whole life without drinking water? Especially the lizards who are native to hot and dry areas.
2) Gecko lizards can change their color at their will. They are heavily influenced by the environment and can blend their color with things around them.
3) They are blessed with amazing toes that allow Geckos to stick almost anywhere (Except Teflon).
4) Their eyes are 350 times extra sensitive than human or other animal eyes.
5) Some Gecko Species are like snakes, which means they have no legs. These species are endemic to New Guinea and Australia.
6) Geckos normally produce sounds like chirping, screaming, clicking, and barking and each Gecko sound has a different meaning.
7) Geckos can detach and regrow their tails easily.
8) The longest-lived Gecko survived recorded 27 years. Though generally, Gecko lives for 10-20 years.
9) Parachute geckos and Flying Gecko can glide through the air.
10) The smallest Gecko in the world sizes nearly 0.63 inches. It belongs to a special species that is native to Jaragua National Park.
For Further Reading
- 500+ Cute, Funny & Unique Pet Axolotl Names
- 350+ Cute and Unique Pet Blue Tongue Skink Names
- 600+ Cute, Funny Pet Bearded Dragon Names
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, absolutely. Gecko Lizards are easy-going and easy to care for pets. They are pleasant and docile and are not usually aggressive around humans.
Gecko Lizards can eat anything from crickets, spiders, worms, grasshoppers, flies, small rodents, and other insects.
Gecko lizards are non-venomous and not harmful. In normal circumstances, they won’t bite a human. However, if mishandled, they may engage in self-defense.
Yes, Geckos love being handled; however, owners must give them some time to blend with it.
During the early stage, avoid catching or snatching them, or they might get stressed and feared.
Not that frequently, but Gecko does drink water. You can keep a small bowl of water in or near their habitat.
No, leopard geckos do not need regular bathing. However, once in a while, you can rinse them carefully in lukewarm water.
So, these were some of the name suggestions for your Gecko lizards.
We hope you would have liked our classification of the list as well as names.
We have tried to compile several lists based on gender, interest, cuteness, and description.
However, we suggest you go wild and choose a random name from the article above.
Hi, I’m Mike, and I’m the creator of amphibianlife.com. If there was one word to describe it? It would be: passionate about Amphibians! Whether you just want to know more about amphibians, have a presentation to give at school, or just want more information about your pet, you’ve come to the right place. No matter what you want to learn; I hope I can give that to you.