Blue Tongue Skink Names (350 names)
If you are a pet enthusiast, picking up a random pet name may not always sound reasonable to you.
Especially if you own a Blue Tongue Skink, the naming task can get tricky and frustrating.
While furry pet names are heard and read commonly around, Blue Tongue skinks names are rarely known by pet owners.
Naming your Blue Tongue skink based on their personality, hobbies, gender, and habits is quite crucial.
Calling an aggressive skink with a funny or cute name isn’t fair enough.
Because you will end up calling their name multiple times a day, it is important to choose the right one.
If you are a Blue Tongue owner and have no idea what to name them, have a look below.
We have come up with multiple American Blue tongue skink names based on their personality, gender, and more.
How to choose a suitable name for your pet Blue Tongue skink?
The suitability of a pet name depends upon several traits. If you own a female Blue Tongue skink, you can choose a name from an array of relevant options.
The same is the case for male Blue Tongue skink. However, if you are still unfamiliar with their gender, you can go for unisex names.
How do I determine my pet Blue Tongue skink’s gender?
Determining your Blue Tongue skink’s gender can prove frustrating, though it isn’t that difficult.
From the age of 5 to 8 months, you will start noticing their sexual characteristics.
If it is a male, it will have seminal plugs. You may notice ejection or dispersion of the same.
Also, the eversion of hemipenes during excretion determines male sexuality.
While for females, one may require performing an Ultrasound or X-ray of 24 months, grown-up blue tongue skink.
Also, if you keep them caged together, the one that chases and mount the other will definitely be the male.
Apart from these guesses, determining the gender of a Blue Tongue Skink is actually tricky.
If you still find it impossible to determine, connect with a pet expert who can help you with the task.
Unisex blue tongue skink names
If your Blue Tongue Skink’s gender is still unknown to you, then why not try these cool unisex names.
You need a name that is special for you as well as your little pet.
Though here, we also have to make sure that their names should not sound gender-specific.
So, without any other discussions, let’s straight jump into unisex American blue-tongued lizard names.
Eastern Blue Tongue Lizard Names
- Agate (blue color)
- Aquamarine (blue gemstone)
- Azure (blue color)
- Azurite (blue color)
- Hunter (if has stripes near eyes)
- Bombay (Sapphire – famous blue colored gin drink)
- Helen Antonia
- Madam Josephine
- Jenifer Miller
- Hanaan Kaur
- Magdalena Ventura
- Lizardardo Da Vinci
- Napoleon Dinomite
- Bill the Lizard
- Chet Gecko
- Clapper Claw
- Checker (if they have prominent stripes, then it is an apt blotched blue-tongued lizard name)
- Shorty (short legs)
- Topaz (blue gemstone)
- Zircon (blue gemstone)
Blue tongue skink names for females
By now, if you are familiar with the sex/ gender of your pet Blue Tongue Skink, why not name her dedicatedly.
If you are keeping a female Blue Tongue Skink, there are endless girly names for her.
They will not only aptly suit her but will sound cuter every time you call out.
Don’t you believe us? Have a look below:
- Madam Mim
Bluetongue skink names for males
Whatever you name your pet depends upon you entirely.
However, if you know, it is a male blue tongue skink, giving them a male name will never hurt.
And if it seems like a task to you, we are here to sort everything out.
Take Blue tongue skink names for males’ ideas from our list below:
Cool and Badass Blue Tongue Skink Names
If traditional female or male Blue Tongue skink names don’t interest you, then try out some cool and Badass names.
While gender-appropriate or unisex names are most apt, they at times can get boring as well.
Especially if you have a goofy and funky pet, it is never a bad idea to go for some badass names.
Call out their name more frequently so that they too can recognize it the next time.
- Bill the Lizard
- Bad Bill
For Further Reading
- Top 50 Amazing Axolotl Facts for Kids
- 100 Amazing Frog Facts for Kids
- Top 30 Hellbenders Facts For Kids
Descriptive names for Blue Tongue Skink
Depending upon how your Blue Tongue skink looks, what they eat or how they behave, their names can be descriptive.
Descriptive names feel more apt because they define certain characteristics of your pet.
For example, you can go for blotched blue-tongued lizard names describing their speckled skin.
Or, if your Blue Tongue skink is fat and lazy, you can name them depending upon such characteristics.
For more such ideas, have a look below:
- Bluey- What’s a more apt and obvious name for a Blue Tongue Skink.
- Fatso/ Fatty– If you think your blue tongue skink is doing nothing but eating and getting fat.
- Jade – It is for blue tongue skinks that appear greenish.
- Aggro– For those aggressive little skins, there isn’t any other name suiting this aptly.
- Little punk – Isn’t it your little buddy?
- Stinker- Ok, we know they do not stink bad, but the name suits, right?
- Zippy/ scoot/ pacy– For their quick-moving characteristic, you can name them suitably.
- Skinkasaurus– Doesn’t it looks like a small dinosaur.
Baby Blue Tongue Skinks| Blue Tongue Skink names for Babies
Not all Blue Tongue skink names will suit your tiny little lizard pet.
While the unusually long name looks odd, other pretty names can go abrupt with their rough exteriors.
So here are some suitable names for Baby Blue Tongue Skinks.
- Annie Jones
- Shorty (short legs)
Blue tongue skink facts
- Even though the name blue tongue skink sounds venomous, these little lizard pets are not venomous at all. Surprised right? It is a fact, though.
- Do you know they have a home range?
- Having a home range means, if your blue tongue skink lives in your garden, the other areas like backyard, house, deck, and everything will remain foreign to them.
- You will often observe your blue tongue skink basking in the morning sun.
- It is so because lizards are cold-blooded, and for digesting their food or to become active, they require warmthness.
- Catching and Selling Blue tongue skinks is illegal in most parts of the world.
- One can only get/ sell them from an authorized pet shop.
- Blue tongue skinks love snails.
- They see it as a delicacy, so the next time, do not forget to treat them some.
- They are approachable, submissive pets who will behave friendly with their mates and owners.
- Bluetongue skinks often like getting handled and are easily tamed.
- Bluetongue skinks can grow up to 60 CMS and can weigh nearly half a kg.
- They can live as long as ten years.
- They can grow up till afoot.
- Northern bluetongue skinks or Tiliquascincoides intermedia are the biggest and heaviest skins in the world.
- Pygmy blue-tongued skinks, which measures 4 inches max, are the smallest skins in the world.
- They are also marked as rarest.
- Bluetongue skinks can cost anywhere from $150–$5,000 and even above.
- Their price may vary depending upon their species, size, and skin.
Frequently asked questions
Blue Tongue skinks definitely have teeth; however, they are neither well-developed nor powerful enough.
Even if they bite a human, their teeth aren’t strong enough to break the skin or cause other harm.
Blue Tongue skinks generally hiss when they feel threatened. If your little lizard pet is doing it quite often, check whether there is any threat around. You can make them comfortable by petting them softly.
Yes, sneezing is a very normal practice amongst Blue Tongue skinks. They do so in order to clear their nose from dust, dirt, and other particles.
Anything from chopped-up vegetables to crickets, mealworms, super worms, your Blue Tongue skink will love them.
You can include mustard, dandelion greens, beans, carrot, peas, and collard in their diet.
Absolutely not. Contrary to their name, Blue Tongue skinks do not stink.
Naming your Blue Tongue skink can prove challenging; however, we cannot deny that it is a fun task. Having a name for your pet is always a good idea.
This helps them including in your family and making it a regular part of your days. You can choose from hundreds of Blue Tongue skink names discussed above.
We hope the options are enough and suitable as per your taste.
Hi, I’m Mike, and I’m the creator of amphibianlife.com. If there was one word to describe it? It would be: passionate about Amphibians! Whether you want to know more about amphibians or have a presentation to give at school, you’ve come to the right place.